What this role is about
Caring For Miami, a faith-based non-profit organization, seeks to employee a part-time Automotive Operator that is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a mobile dental unit.
We’re looking for a team player! Someone who is highly efficient, self motivated, well organized, dependable and compassionate individual who is able to work in a fast paced, unique work setting.
What you’ll do if chosen for this role
- The Operator will be responsible for the transportation of the mobile dental unit to and from various locations across Miami-Dade County, assisting the clinical and administrative team during day to day operations, and performing necessary maintenance checks.
- This is a Part Time Position, 4-5 days per week
- Mobile Operator will ensure the safety of the mobile unit and clinic staff at all times.
- Arrive on time to partner locations on service days. This requires the bus operator to depart from Caring For Miami office no later than 8:30 a.m. to ensure arrival at expected time. Expected time of arrival of mobile unit is 9:00 a.m. This is subject to change.
- Properly document logistics and condition of mobile unit, maintain records as requested by mobile engineer and/or supervisor. This includes but is not limited to; travel time, mileage, fuel, purchases, maintenance log.
- Serve to help maintain the flow of the day and patient schedule. This includes but is not limited to; welcoming patients and answering questions/concerns,,maintaining a patient waiting area directly outside the mobile by setting up available chairs.
- Ensuring all equipment and fixtures are properly strapped and tied down before moving the unit.
- Proper hook up of primary plugin power option – use of generator as backup only when primary power not available.
- Directly follow verbal instructions given by maintenance and/or acting supervisors as it relates to the position of bus operator.
- Ensure the mobile unit is properly and sufficiently fueled and maintained for next service day. This includes but is not limited to; fueling the mobile, emptying/refilling all holding tanks/water reservoirs,disposal of trash/biohazard bags, and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the mobile unit as it relates to your position.
- Uphold and ensure the procedures and policies of Caring for Miami as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
- Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with the dentists and staff members of the mobile unit.
- Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience, and are treated with care the and compassion expected.
What we’d like to see in your experience
- 1-2 years driving experience
- Excellent customer service
- Willing to be trained on Computer Software
Please send your resume to email@example.com